Friday, January 18, 2008

Contact us when we're in Nepal

Photo: Anusha celebrating her Grandad's Birthday.

Greetings all . . . last post I promised to give some info about the best ways to contact us when we're in Nepal. We will have email access, so email us! As for calling there are a few options:

1) SKYPE . . . free computer to computer talking. You can also do computer to phone. Set it up at http://www.skype.com/ It's free and also has instant messenger. We've used it -- calling Anuraj in Nepal from Goshen and it works okay. I'm hoping that the connection to Nepalgunj will be better. If you get an account set up, let me know and I'll tell you what our user name is.

2) International calling cards: One card that you can buy online is from http://www.ctacard.com/ Anuraj used the "Original Oro Gold" . . . it's about $.10/minute. (Go to "Product" and find that card). We haven't had any trouble ordering them online. If you're in Harrisonburg, the Asian Market, behind Taste of Thai Cafe, also has these for sale there. There is also a pink card, STi Free, that my mom picks up. You can find that online at: www.stiphonecard.com/browse.html (Although that same website says that the "African King" card is the best deal for Nepal at 9cents/minute). I'm sure there are tons of others out there, but those are a few.

If you want our phone number, let me know. Anuraj has his work cell phone number already and I'm hoping to have a cell or landline as well.

**************

On another note: Anuraj finished up his orientation this week (after getting over a severe throat infection that landed him at the doctor's office). He will be in Kathmandu this weekend yet with his younger sister and her family, then travels to Nepalgunj on Monday. He will be staying in a hotel or with friends until he finds a place for us to live. You can pray for him as he searches for a dwelling for us! Anusha and I are fine . . . she is waving a lot and loves to go see "James" my dad's dog. I think she is going to be in for a real shocker when we have to leave her "Nani" (grandma) and Grandad's place. She has been spending at least 2 hours each afternoon with her Nani while I get work done!

Picture is of Anusha and her Grandad Landis after his Birthday Party

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the picture.

Gail said...

Hey Jilly-baby, I have your blog bookmarked. Can't wait for all the nitty-gritty, exciting details.

In this age of intranettings, you won't feel faraway at all (at least on my end, since I won't have the weird dissonance of culture shock while I write to you.)