
Right: Travellers Village, Nepalgunj, Nepal (hotel where Anuraj has been staying the past week)
Anuraj arrived in Nepalgunj, Monday, January 21, 2008. He ended up going via helicopter and this is what he had to say, "It was a very tiring journey but I enjoyed looking out. Since the chopper was flying at a low altitude I could clearly see outside. We were flying over different terrain mostly mountains, hills and at the distance we could see high Himalayas. We flew over several mountains and forests before finally arriving at Nepalgunj. As soon as I started seeing mud huts I realized I was reaching Nepalgunj. Here UN has such a huge presence. They have one of the biggest aircraft hangers in the country and all new construction. I was simply amazed."
He has been staying at the Travellers Village -- a hotel run by an American lady. Anuraj used to be a regular guest there when he worked for Save the Children in that same region. Apparently she makes a mean lemon meringue pie!
Anuraj plunged into work and was out on field visits on Tuesday already! He found us a place to live and will be moving in next week. Thanks to everyone who has been praying for us . . . finding the house is a real answer to prayer (maybe I shouldn't say that until I see it!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment