Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Weather and Yoga

I just emailed a friend and thought a few of the things would be interesting to post.

Some of you might be wondering, does Jill have friends? Good question! Luckily, there is a great international community here, most of whom I met through Anuraj and his UN work. I’m doing yoga with a few of the women on Sunday’s at 3pm outside in the garden of the “teachers” compound. It’s lovely and refreshing and gives me a break from Anusha. After our 1 and a half hour session (this british teacher is hard core!) we have green tea and chat. So, that is one of the highlights of my week. (That and when Anusha takes one to two hour naps and I have time to write.) So, Anuraj is my friend, Anusha is my friend. These ladies are people I say hi to and we meet up with for weekend brunch or lunch on occasion.

The weather is gorgeous. Virginia springtime or a Florida winter at it’s best. Warm during the day, cooler in the morning and evening. Within a month it’s going to start getting hot, and people here say it gets hot (I’m thiking Florida in the summer without AC) – Our purchase next month, besides some more furniture, is a window AC.

Finally, for those of you who are wondering how I'm really doing, the short answer is, good, until yesterday. Where I was on the verge of crying in the middle of the market. I cannot communicate and this is frustrating. Yesterday, the vegetable seller sold me 1 kilo of bananas instead of 3 bananas! It is also frustrating at home, where I have people working for me and I can't explain that I want the rugs shaken out every day (yes, I tried today, even with some Nepali cue words). If I can learn this language, I’ll be fine. If not ... let's just assume I will! :)

Anusha is good, for all those wondering. She is now officially a chatterbug. She has discovered all sorts of new sounds -- as of last week -- and she is doing here, "th" "fuh" "gujubuga" types of sounds all the time -- when looking at books, when she's frustrated or tired and trying to tell me something! It's really cute and I wonder what in the world is going on inside that little head of hers sometimes!

If anyone can post and tell me how to reduce the size of photos so I can try to post some, please comment!

17 comments:

Jill said...

Trina, if you see this, can you email me your email address. I tried emailing you to your hotmail account and it didn't go through. I think you have another one...
Thanks! Jill

TristanRay said...

It got through, and I just finished reading it! :-) But if that happens again, you can try
brianandtrina@gmail.com as well.
It's so good to hear from you and I've enjoyed your blogs immensely.

I don't want to write too much on here because I want to write you a longer email...

Thinking about you and the fam!

Love, Trina

Julie said...

I would love to be in solidarity with you regarding the house cleaning and cooking.:) You do make me think about the things we take for granted here. Thanks for writing your thoughts, it is nice to be able to keep up with you guys via your blog. I'm hoping to try and call you soon. Love you guys! P.S. Adria had her 1st swim lesson today.

Julie said...

You can downsize images using almost any image software, though you might not have any there on your laptop. So, try this: Open the "Paint" program (It's under Start > All Programs > Accessories.). Then open your photo in that program. Then, go to the Image menu and select Stretch/Skew. In the Stretch fields, enter percentages (the same number in both fields) for the amount that you want to downsize. So to make the image half the original size, you'd enter 50 in both fields. Then save the image and mail them to us! :) Hope this works. If not, I will give you other options. --marc

Marika said...

Jill,
I came across a link to your blog on Rachel's blog. I've enjoyed reading about your life in Nepal. I hope you and your family are well!
Marika

Dori said...

sounds like you are doing well.

Dori

Eve said...

JILL!!!!!!
:) I've been thinking about you guys a lot here lately. Things have been super crazy busy (not so abnormal I guess). I miss you a lot. I'm loving reading about your thoughts, experiences, and life in Nepal. It makes me want to visit you all the more! Things are all the same here. I was down in Chesapeake for Karla's baby shower on Sunday. They're having a baby boy, Connor James.... supposedly. What would happen if it ends up being a girl!?!?! :) That would be crazy. Anyways, I love you guys very much. I'm praying for you too! Give Anusha a hug and kiss from her 'aunt' Eve! :)
Love you lots, Jill.
Eve

carmen & chad said...

Jill,
Hope you all had a fun bike adventure. We keep watching the blog for updates.
Love and prayers, Carmen

TristanRay said...

Jill, I just sent you an email to your medicinebowtrails account. Let me know if it doesn't go through!
The church calendar said that today is you and Anuraj's anniversary - happy anniversary!! I knew it was around this time, but I couldn't remember the date.
Have a wonderful day today! You are being thought of and prayed for!
Love, Trina

Phil Kniss said...

Jill, happy 1st anniversary to you and Anuraj today! Hope you do something really fun to celebrate. We prayed for you both this morning at our daily prayers at PVMC. (we use the PVMC calendar to remember those with birthdays and anniversaries)
Peace and joy,
Phil

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the very best on your first anniversary! Today may you feel the love that surrounds you by so many.
Lana

Megan said...

Hi Jill and Anuraj...I have to admit this is the first time I read your blog...it was so nice to talk with you today. And, it was so nice reading about your life there. And, since I was fortunate enough to be reminded by others...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Take care. Love, MEgan

Marla said...

Happy belated anniversary! It's so great to read your entries and imagine your life. Brendon and I are buying everything on worldpoints cre dit cards to save up miles to come for a visit! It's a little slow going so we'll just read the blog until then. Do you have a snail mail address where I can send you an invitation for the wedding? If not, I'll just give you the website.
Love to you all!
marla

Evanwhite said...

Hey Jill! how are you? It is so nice to see you are alive. Everyone misses you in Sunday school and church. Michaela, Emma, Kiara, and I wish you were here. Hope you are doing ok. I'll tell you more later. Stay healthy and breathing!
evan

Evanwhite said...

I forgot one thing. I am going to France on April 8. Bergen is going to Butler University. We are getting a harp for her!
Lots of love
evan

Jennifer Bowman said...

Hi Jill! I was thinking about y'all the other day...wondering what you have been up to. So I read your blog and now I know! What an amazing journey to be on!

Things here are moving along as they do in the 'burg. Have made several pre-springtime treks to Kline's...new fav mocha java! ;o) The trees are starting to bud... very lovely and park view walkers/joggers are emerging in full force. WIll be starting grad school for Occupational Therapy in June. Yay! :o)
Lots of love to you all!
JenB

Haven said...

Hi Jill, Anuraj and Anusha.

We are coming to Nepal! Mark, Darlene and Luke arive KTM May 5, Joel arrives May 8 and Micah arrives May 9. We will be at Shalome GH. We would love to seet you!

Mark