Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Multi-Tasking

(written February 28 ’08)

This is the first time that I have utilized items is such multi-functional ways. Our towels double, make that triple, as bedroom curtains and Anuraj’s pillow. The small feather blanket served as Anusha’s covers during her naps and my pillow at night, until our bed sheet/bedroom curtain got washed, so it’s currently serving as a curtain. One small, carry-on sized Docker rolling suitcase is serving as Anusha’s dresser and occasionally as my backrest when I need something other than the wall to lean up against. And the list goes on: Anusha’s baby blankets double as pillows and backrests, the steel cups I got have not been used once for drinking but are our silverware holder and drainer. And Anuraj’s Swiss Army pocket knife, gifted to him by my father this Christmas, has served more purposes in three weeks than we could have used at home (U.S.) in a few months! We are definitely getting more use out of all these things, and it kills me to think about buying pillows, I mean what will we do with that blanket and towel?

No comments: