Sunday, May 23, 2010

Repercussions

Hair.  It's something I don't like to cut.  Not because I don't like it short, or I don't like new hairstyles. I do.  I really do.  It's just that half the time I'm not sure what to do with my hair and if I try to do something different, it often turns out not-quite-the-way I expected.  And that's in the U.S.  I have not gotten my hair cut here. When it gets to a certain length the only, and I mean only, thing I do with it is pull it back into a ponytail.

Two weeks ago I had had enough.  Anuraj was coming home late. I was tired of my hair. So I took my hair scissors, gathered it up, and started chopping.  After the first chop, I realized that my little audience was quite taken by this.  So much so that I started imagining the repercussions.  3 year old sees mother spontaneously take scissors and cut own hair.  Hmmmm..... She wanted to do it too.  With her own scissors.  I managed to talk her into a trim by me with my scissors.  And so far, 2 weeks later, she has made no independent attempt on her own.  Let's hope it stays that way!

This is a picture Anusha took of me a few days after my cut.




1 comment:

Ramona said...

You sure are brave, it looks great.