Last year some of our MCC friends, Heidi and Amos, told us about this french guy who makes and sells cheese on the outskirts of Kathmandu. He also has animals. I knew when I heard this that it would make a great kids field trip some day but hadn't had the opportunity until this week to do it. Anusha and I had the pleasure of going with some of our Kathmandu friends to the Himalayan Cheese Farm . . . a 20 minute car ride and 10 minute hike . . . into a beautiful wooded, spacious farm. We hope we didn't scare Francios off with all the kids holding his 4-day old sheep! It was a lovely day and Anusha cried for about 5 minutes on the way down because she didn't want to leave!
Francois, the French Cheese Maker
Anusha, the cute baby sheep holder
Anusha and friends, astute pig observers
Cheese & sausage platter and water, waiting to be devoured
Nepali woman, walking in the field
View from the trail, but it's not the French cheese farm






2 comments:
What a great time! I bet that felt so good to be out there away from the city. I see a future animal care giver in Anusha. Awesome!
Jill, you are on my blog since I follow yours. You should be able to see mine if you put your e-mail and password for the login for the blogger sign in. Cute pics.
Post a Comment