Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back to Nepal

So it's been an entire 2 months since I last blogged. So much for my New Year's resolution. What were we doing those 2 months? Traveling! Anusha and I made our first international flight where she had her own seat and it was wonderful. Anyone who is traveling with children who have their own seats, I highly recommend taking the "bulk head" seats (the ones where they usually seat people who have babies and want to use the bassinets). She had tons of space to move around, we could spread our things out, and I could lay her on the floor to sleep. The only drawback was that the arm rests don't go up, but it's a small price to pay.

July: Anusha and I recovered from jet lag in Goshen, IN for a few days before heading off to Harrisonburg where my mom helped my youngest sister with wedding prep, Anusha got in some quality "Nani and Aunt Carrie" time, and I got to visit friends. We headed back to Goshen and spent a week on our own, then welcomed Anuraj to the US for the first time since he left December '07. Our highlight was a weekend getaway (Anusha stayed with my folks) at our friend's lake house not far from Goshen. Anusha did great and we had a very relaxing time. Anuraj especially enjoyed the fishing and I enjoyed an early morning solo kayak ride and our canoe rides together.

Julie, my sister, and her daughter Adria came to Goshen for the last week of July and Adria and Anusha began their push-pull relationship. They really love each other, but hey, they're both 2!

August: My mom, sister Sallie, Julie and Adria, Anuraj, Anusha and I headed out to Harrisonburg once again for final week wedding preparations. My dad and Julie's husband joined us later on in the week. The week was hectic. I was able to get out a few times to see some people, and Carrie and Preston got married, Yea! It was of course fun to see family and enjoy the valley once again. My whole family (minus the honeymooners) took off to VA Beach after the wedding and enjoyed the sand and water . . . next time we have to spend more than one night there (and not leave our camera and ipod and docking station in the hotel ... my fault and yet to be found!). Anuraj, Anusha and I bid farewell to everyone else and we stayed back in the 'burg for the rest of the week to visit friends.

Back in Goshen for our final week: I don't think I adequately prepared myself for my last week in the U.S. When I was in Nepal, I was packed and ready to go literally 2 or 3 days before my flight left. I guess it was anticipation. Not the case on the return trip! Cousin Kirsten, who was our first visitor to Nepal last year, came to visit us in lovely Indiana . . . a breath of fresh air : ) . . . Anusha and Adria reconciled and are fast becoming non-bickering friends, and we had a teary goodbye with family.

September: We have been in Nepal for a week and the sadness was replaced with sickness. I'm feeling much better, but little Anusha is still not feeling well . . . I'm hoping the meds kick in and we notice a difference tomorrow.
I have managed to meet up or talk to a few friends already, which makes the transition back more manageable.

As for pics . . . my camera was stolen when our house was broken into in June (in Kathmandu) and Anuraj's camera is gone due to my forgetfulness.

If you are the blog-reading praying type . . . please pray for little Anusha and our health in general. She had super appetite the first 4 days we were here and since this sickness has wanted to eat nilch. I'm afraid all the weight she gained in the US over 2 months she lost in 5 days. And for our transition back . . . and friendships. (Can't live without 'em.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Anusha is feeling better! It was great seeing you this summer.

Ramona said...

Glad you got to see so many friends. Praying that you both are feeling better soon.