Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Global and the Local

Thought I would share my favorite Nepali author with you. She has penned a short stories book, edited a short stories book, and writes a column in the Kathmandu Post, "The Global and the Local" every Saturday. I first noticed her in the Kathmandu Post . . . it was the first article I had read that had perfect grammar/writing/spelling, plus it was interesting! Anyways, I met my fave Nepali writer, as fate would have it, on Nepali New Years at the swimming pool. I was coming back from the bathroom, saw a woman sitting in her salwar kurta, reading a book, and I went back and said to Anuraj, "I think I just saw Sushma Joshi!" He told me to go back and see . . . so I did and it was her! So, it's not quite the same as meeting Cher at Bhat Bhateni SuperStore, but pretty darn close. Anyways, for those of you interested in a thoughtful reflection of life in Nepal, you can check out her blog, which is mostly articles from her weekly column, "the global and the local.

http://www.sushma.blogspot.com/

No comments: