So the highlight of last weekend was having Cara and Andrew Jeeves visit for the weekend. Cara and I are cousins and grew up down the street from each other. We went down to their pool almost every afternoon in the summers and I babysat Cara when I was about 6th grade and she was in 2nd? : )
We had a fabulous time having them and preparing for them! I spent the week spring cleaning the house and washing linens, and we cleared out the guest room/office/pile-it-there room and made it into a lovely guest room.
While we were most excited to see Cara and Andrew, of course we were excited about the large suitcase that occompanied them which was packed with stuff from my mom and sisters. Favorite items included: new doll stroller for Anusha, I just broke it out today and she loves it (she was happy to discover she can chase her cousin around with it!), new shoes for Anusha - which she enjoys putting on and off (this morning I had asked her to put on her shoes and socks and was shocked to find she had done it to her right foot...she has a little trouble with the left foot!), freeze dried apples, Anuraj's books, hand me down magazines, smelly Mary Kay lotions. So much more but we'll stop there.
Anusha loved having them. We have their picture on the fridge and the days leading up to their visit I was telling her they were coming and we were practicing their names ("Kiwa and Andu") and Anusha LOVED them! She was so excited she was showing them all sorts of things and playing and talking talking talking!
Cara, Andrew, Anusha and I spent Friday afternoon in Thamel where they found some bags for the backpacks and some pashmina scarves. We hung out in a nearby Garden then headed for pizza. Saturday they did a mountain flight and came back with lots of great shots. They napped, we chilled, did laundry, hand-rung their laundry because the electricity went off before the spin-cycle finished in the washing machine, stopped at one shop, then saw Patan at night...which means a whole lotta nothin'!!! We thought the lights would come on and we'd be able to see the temples, but no such luck. So we stopped at our favorite sweet/South Indian/snack place and got some delicious jaleby's (batter deep fried and soaked in syrup) -- Andrew even liked them! Sunday it was packing and Pashupati Temple (aptly known as Monkey Temple to Anusha) and off to the airport!
It was short but oh so sweet!!! We were all sad when they left and were glad that they cried too! We are so glad they made a stop in Kathmandu. They are traveling around India for another week and can't wait to hear about their adventures.
4 comments:
I am sooo jealous!!!
me too!! can august come already?!
I am so so glad they were able to come see you...and that they were willing to bring a suitcase with them!! I can't wait to see their pictures and hear their stories and I can't wait to see more pics from you! Have a great time with Gail!!
I'm beginning to think that I won't be able to leave once I come to visit and that for sure I won't have enough time to do, see, experience all I want.
Post a Comment