Friday, November 28, 2008

It was Cher

I was standing in the check out line yesterday at Bhat Bhateni, one of the supermarket/department stores and was waiting for this group of Americans who had 3 cart loads of toys (for an orphanage or something was my guess). As they were getting ready to leave, I saw this lady in black pants and a black shirt, with long straight black hair and sunglasses. She had obviously had plastic surgery and her hands looked arthritic and I swear (or should I say, I confirm) that it was Cher -- as in Sonny and Cher!

I asked the employee standing next to me if she knew Cher . . . "know Cher?" she said. "The American movie star, Cher." (Yeah, I realized later she's singer, not movie star, oh well.) "I think that is an American movie star!" We chuckled -- I needed to share my potential encounter with someone! I tried googling to see if she is connected with an orphanage in Nepal, but came up with nothing. Anyways, that is what I'm dwelling with this weekend, that I think I saw Cher in Nepal! I didn't want to be a dork and go ask her, but now I think I just should have. Next time . . .

3 comments:

Julie said...

That's great. I bet it was Cher. Did she say, "I've got you babe" to anyone....if so, you know it was Cher. :)

carrie said...

Preston saw this and said to pass it on...I guess this confirms it!! http://www.nypost.com/seven/12022008/gossip/pagesix/we_hear_______141741.htm

TristanRay said...

Cher is a movie star as well as a singer. She's been a bunch of movies - some good, some not.

How could you tell she's had plastic surgery? That's hilarious!

Trina