Sunday, August 24, 2008

3 Weeks and Counting

This is just a quick update. I already typed up a few posts but don't have them with me to post. I'm with Anuraj at his work right now and have a few minutes to check email and put on a quick post. We got an apartment and I've spent most of the weekend trying to get settled in there. (Next post will tell more about the new place). I'm just relieved to have found a nice, spacious place. Anusha loves being able to roam around and it's easy for her to wander there (and me to lose site of her, yikes). My cousin is coming from California tomorrow to visit us for about 3 weeks. I'm excited -- gives me an excuse to explore Katmandu. We had dinner with the Nepal MCC team on Friday. Anuraj talked about Nepal politics to the newcomers and I got a chance to visit. Anusha, my cousin and I will meet up with a few of them this next week since we'll be just across the street from them (Anuraj has some meetings on that side of the city). Anuraj is working on getting us high speed internet -- cross your fingers!

Anusha got her weekly treat of ice cream (very good stuff, I might add, though nothing compared to Klines, DQ or that other custard place in Goshen). Still, she loved it and I didn't mind catching the drips.

That's it for now. We have a landline that works fairly well for phone calls and if we get internet, we should be able to Skype as well. Let me know if you want our info for those modes of communication.

Missing home (and am confused about where home is!!) . . . missing familiar faces . . . missing great conversation. I relish stories from home, so feel free to email me anytime!

3 comments:

Eve said...

Hey Jill,
It was good to catch up from your blog. School has started... and I've got quite the class this year. Lots of trying to corral some students into acting like third graders. We've been camping the last couple weekends... it's beautiful weather. Nice during the day.... and then raining at night. So... maybe not ALL that beautiful:) Love you all! We're praying for you!

steve n em said...

So looking forward to you having internet! Can't wait to read more about life in Nepal and to see pictures of your surroundings and your sweet daughter!

TristanRay said...

Hey, how are you? We're dong ok, just still adjusting. He's very cute. :-) Fussy right now though, which can be very frustrating. I'm at home now - which is also a HUGE adjustment. Mostly good though.
Have you seen our blog recently? My grandmother died, which has been very sad, but good for her because she had been suffering for so long.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I'd love to actually talk to you sometime so let me know when you get Skype and we'll download it on the computer.

Miss you!!!

Trina